Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekly Reflection

I must say that I have learned quite a lot concerning the mechanics of how we as humans view the sky. I've learned about the various systems of describing where a certain celestial body is, such as the observer-based system with azimuth and altitude. I've also learned about the general areas where celestial bodies are in relation to the earth, like some constellations, using the celestial sphere lab. I'm still confused about what time a sunset or sunrise is according to the time of the year, but I'm assuming we'll get to that. I also have some difficulty separating the azimuth and altitude things and keep getting turned around with the direction things spin, but I bet that will become easier with usage of the materials. I just hope that through these labs and such that I will be able to do well on the test coming up! Homework time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog